Fourth Annual Indy 500 Breakfast
8:00am, Saturday May 24th, 2014 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The event will feature a multimedia presentation of the rich history of the race and its fans while honoring a number of drivers, teams and luminaries past and present. Well known guests will be interviewed and regale us with stories of Indy racings greatest memories.
- Jack Arute – Master of ceremonies
- 2014 Indy car drivers
- Presentation of the “Lone Star Johnny Rutherford Award”
- Personal interviews and stories
- Jaw dropping media presentations
- Unique performances and highlights
- Appearances by former racers including Johnny Rutherford
- Special limited addition souvenir for all attendees
- Exclusive memorable event (only 500 seats)
- Celebrated in the Pavilion near the famous Pagoda on the grounds of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The Indy 500 Breakfast started as an idea in 2007. The thought was to capture the history and celebration of the “Greatest Spectacle in Racing”. Last year we celebrated our third annual Indianapolis 500 Breakfast. It was a great success and everyone had an exciting time!
Lone Star Johnny Rutherford Award
This May we will be awarding the second annual “Lone Star J.R. Johnny Rutherford Award”. This award was created to honor the IndyCar participant who best exemplifies outstanding character, integrity and service in the home, at the track and in the community. The Award is named after Johnny Rutherford who has won the Indianapolis 500 three times. In 1987 he was inducted into the Auto Racing Hall of Fame at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, in 1998 he was inducted into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame, and the Motorsports Hall of Fame in America. J.R. is an individual of great character who has served his family and community faithfully through the years and is a role model for drivers and business people alike.
The meal itself will be a variety of hot foods, pastries and fruit – a VIP breakfast. The food will be provided by Ritz Charles located in Carmel, Indiana.